Thursday, September 17, 2009

Silly Boy Update

Emerson loves to go sit in the cupboard and try to shut the door on himself. He also happens to love when Tucker comes over for a sit in the cupboard and tries to help by shutting the door on him. Don't worry though, I put a stop to it before Emerson smashed Tucker's legs. :) Then he loves to pop out of the cupboard with his expression and giggle that says "Here I am!" (As if we couldn't see his legs dangling out the bottom or his fingers curled around the door which are turning white from straining so hard to shut the door.)

Here is Emerson modeling the letter magnets I made for him also from the Family Fun website. (Did you know that the letter magnets you can buy at the store that are plastic are only for 3+years? I'm not sure why...) He liked it the other day when we went through all the letters and made the sounds. Does he remember anything? Of course not. But "z" and "s" make him laugh.

6 comments:

The Sorensons said...

Look at how crafty and creative you are Melinda! My goodness, that boys going to be reading before he's two!

mom/grandmaG said...

You mean those regular colored ones? The manufacturer is just making sure the responsibility is not theirs if some kid swallows them. Your magnets are better anyway. Z and S are terribly funny letters don't you think? SO CUTE!!! Oh, in Ericson and Cambrie's Kindermusik class there is a little girl named Maggie that looks EXACTLY like the young Melinda!! Saw her with my own eyes.

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

I can't believe you have a child that is on his way to turn 2!!! How fun! You are such a great mom!

Adespain said...

Melinda, Emerson is such a cutie! I'm excited to see him tonight! I love the letters that you made. You are so crafty!

ps I think I'm going to make that alphabet book you told me about . . .

Lisa said...

I love Family Fun, too. We use it for planning birthday parties, making cakes, recipes, Halloween ideas, etc. It's a mom's best friend.

Ashlee said...

That is so funny about the letters z and s...I love it! He's so cute...I love how mischevious he is:)