Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma and Grandpa J!



Well Grandpa J, here you go. It's your little buddy and he's wearing his University of Utah gear. And sorry he has dandelion hair. (What kind of a mother am I?) What more could you ask for on your birthday? (On the 5th anyway....sorry it took me awhile to post this.)

I have the best parents in the world. Their birthdays were both on the 5th of December. They were born the same day, same year, in the same hospital. Now is that fate or what? All of us kids thought we had to marry someone with the same birthday as us when we grew up. Thankfully, I realized I didn't have to when I was about 18 or so and the options really opened up. ;) But anyway, my parents are the most generous, thoughtful people I know. They've always supported me in everything I've done and I always know I can go to them for help. I can call them anytime, night or day, whether I have a medical question, or are worried about something, or just need to talk. I just don't know what I would do without them! They have accepted Ben as one of their own and are always so welcoming and inclusive. It's been more fun than I could ever imagine to watch them as grandparents. I love watching both of them and Emerson light up when they see each other. I'm so grateful to have parents that love me and I'm growing to appreciate them more and more since I've become a parent. Thanks Mom and Dad, for spending hours on the phone just talking, and being thoughtful, and making sure all of us know you love us. We love you! (This is my big-girl version of the little notes I used to leave on your pillow when I was little.)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Thanks, Ninners! What a nice surprise! I used to love the notes on my pillow, and I loved your blog entry, too.