We jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else this year, and were privileged enough to have our very own elf come visit us and keep an eye on the kids this Christmas season. We were supposed to pick a name for our own personal elf, and when I put it to the kids, they picked....Josh. Josh the Elf. I tried to encourage them in the direction of Jingle, Buddy, Snickers, anything a little more elf-ish, but no. He will forever and always be known as Josh the Elf. I like it.
It was a little creepy though when we would be out in public and I would have to remind the kids to behave, "or else Josh will see". Or something to that effect. People were probably thinking that Josh was my abusive boyfriend or something. Nope, instead it's just our creepy elf who watches us and reports all our activities to the Russian government....er....Santa.
No, but seriously, the elf was a really fun thing for our kids. They looked forward to finding Josh and all the silly things he was doing in the morning. It was a highlight of our holiday. Here are a few of our favorites:
You'd better believe that I milked the fact that he could report bad behavior to Santa. My children have never been so sincere in their apologies.
1 comment:
All I have to say..... Sammi is your clone!!!!! Oh and it is fun to hear about the elf at your house! It cracked me up!
Post a Comment