Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Swimming Lessons

 E had swimming lessons this summer.  I think he really enjoyed them, but got a little bugged they were every day for two weeks.  He kept telling me that they were supposed to be like Preschool, only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. :)

He learned a couple of things, but mostly I just wanted him to get accustomed to being in the water.  I was overall very pleased, but I think he'll be ready for quite a bit more next summer.
 In these two pictures he is doing his traction rods (like a train).  The pool was shallow enough that he could just walk around, so he did that whenever it wasn't his turn with the teacher. 
 He had a crush on this little blonde girl.  He would always pick her when it was his turn to be the "splash monster".
 He HATES getting his face wet, so he borrowed his teacher's sunglasses whenever they were practicing big kicks.
Swimming lessons seem like such a grown-up kid thing to do.  When did my kids start growing up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved watching his swimming lessons! Such a funny guy off in his own little world with those traction rods going.