Monday, July 09, 2012

Camping

 Our little fellas love to go camping.  Love, love it.  Luckily they have an adventurous and fun mother (ha!) and a dad who also loves to camp.  We decided to hurry and go before Ben's real schedule started.

E helped me pack all his stuff into his backpack.  And aren't the cowboy boots fitting?  He wears them with everything.
Sweet little Samantha May, always up for an adventure.
They both thought playing in the tent while we got the fire going was great fun until Emerson slipped out of the alternate exit...then Sammi was furious.  But I took a picture anyway.
 My favorite thing to do when she's acting like this is to ask her "Are you so mad!?"  And she shrieks back "NO!!!" I guess I should probably stop that.  I would be way annoyed if someone did that to me.
 I turned my back for one second, and this is what happened.  The best part of camping, in E's opinion.  He loves to "go wet on the grass or a tree" because he thinks it helps them grow.  Riiiight.  Do you want to know how many times he had to go to the bathroom?  Several hundred, if I remember correctly.
 So big in their mini camping chairs, roasting hot dogs.
Dark chocolate fudge-stripe cookies are fantastic for s'mores.  They also fit perfectly on little girls' fingers.
Surprisingly, everyone slept great.  There were no wild animals except for an annoying stray cat, and no murderers about.  (Campgrounds always seem much creepier after dark.)  I kept worrying that bears were going to smell our food and come eat us, but we tucked it away in the car so I guess they couldn't smell it after all.  Here's hoping we can camp again soon!  And maybe with friends?  If anyone wants to be our friends?  Anyone?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

WE WILL! WE WILL!

After all, we've already got great camping memories to build off of. Remember freaking out about walking to the bathrooms in the dark? And the creepy bugs around the bathroom door? Camping can be so scary. :) And now we have littles to add to the mix! Let's do it. Soon.

McCall said...

Can I be your friend, too, and go camping?! I'm probably slightly less adventurous as you...is that okay?