Height: 37 inches (40%)
Weight: 29 lbs (22%)
Weight: 29 lbs (22%)
My dearest little E,
You are so big! I can't believe you are "free". Your birthday was so much fun this year because you were really aware it was a special day and that we were celebrating you. I can't believe that three whole years ago you were just a tiny baby who couldn't do anything for yourself. Now you are so big and are such a big helper. You can put your own shoes on, go potty in the big boy toilet, take your dishes to the sink, and make Sammi happy. It's hard to picture what life was like before you were in our family. You make me laugh every single day! You have a very active imagination and are always thinking up new scenarios with your train friends. I hope you never grow out of them. I will happily sneak your trains into your mission luggage, if needs be.
You are such a good little talker and use words like "disgrace" and "frustrated", most of which you learned from your Thomas movies. You love to read books at naptime and bedtime with either Mommy or Daddy and you love to sit on our laps. It's not so much fun when "bebe sister" is grabbing at the pages when you are both sitting on Mommy's lap.
Your favorite things to eat are fruit snacks, string cheese, mac 'n' cheese, heart sammich (heart shaped sandwich), raisins, mini marshmallows, milk, goldfish crackers, little tomatoes that are NOT cut up, mini-wheats of any variety, and Special K "strawberry cereal". Your favorite meal is definitely breakfast, with dinner ranking dead last. You are finally starting to eat meat.
You still spend your days playing trains and building tracks all by yourself. You eat, drink, and sleep trains. You often talk Mommy into letting you take one train up to your room for naptime or bedtime. You must always have Pooh Bear during your slumber as well, whom you rub on your cheek as you drift off, while also sucking your thumb.
You love to go places, but love to go on adventurous outings with Daddy. You always come to Mommy for comfort and safety, but Dad is definitely where you go for fun.
You are a well-mannered little boy most of the time, but you sometimes have a hard time sharing, especially when it comes to your most prized possession--trains. I can understand why you get frustrated when the other kids don't play with them right. It makes me smile inside even when I'm trying to talk you into sharing so you don't have to go to time-out.
Your best little friends are William Despain and Tucker Watkins. You love going to playgroup and talk about your little friends there as well.
I'm so excited to see you get bigger, but it really does make me sad when I realize how big you already are. You are all signed up for preschool in the fall, and while I know you will love it, I can't help but be a little sad that you are starting school and won't be with me all the time from now on.
I feel so blessed to be your mother, E. You are such a good boy and make our family complete. My heart melts every time you come up to me and say "I love you Mommy." That makes every hard moment worth it.
Keep being a good boy.
Love,
Mom and Dad

3 comments:
He even has a train shirt on!!! he's such a cutie! i love his OBESSSION for trains! makes me wonder what my kiddos will be passionate about? He is such a miniature ben! That pic makes him look so grown up....no more baby fat on the cheeks! i love that he leaves off the "L" of his words, Emri never says her "s"....good thing parents are sooo good at translating :) I can't wait to see him cruzin around the neighborhood on his new bike! Happy Birthday E!
Aw, I can't believe he's three. They're so grown up - seriously, where did the time go?! Weren't Sadie and E just baby buddies yesterday?
He's such a cutie. Happy (late) Birthday, Emerson!
I just can't believe he's 3! You are such a good Mommy to little E! And he is the funniest cutest kid ever!! Happy Birthday Emerson!
Post a Comment