Weight: 16 lbs.
Dollface celebrated turning 8 months by sporting another ear infection. Seriously, she's such a happy child and such a good sleeper, but something has been different about her the last little while. Getting up 2+ times a night two nights in a row is not normal. I think the doctors think we live at their office, we're there so much it seems. So that makes 3 ear infections in two months. Today we saw the ENT doctor and he recommended we do tubes, so she is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday to have tubes inserted. I have to admit that I totally got teary thinking of handing my baby over to someone and not being able to be there with her, especially when she'll be under anesthesia. Please don't mistake me for the weird anti-anesthetic type, because HELLO I'm a huge epidural advocate and all that, it just makes me nervous because she's so small. I can't imagine having my child go through a major surgery and I hope I never have to experience that. Luckily this procedure is very common and babies younger than her have had it done. And everyone tells me how wonderful they are, so that will be great.
Anywho...onto more about the girl.
-She is officially a wiggleworm
-She has learned to throw tantrums when something is taken away
-She can feed puffs to herself pretty well
-She has baby food preferences, with sweet potatoes ranking #1
-She officially takes two bottles every day and we are in the process of weaning entirely because she is not too interested in nursing anymore. (Nursing is great and all, but it sure will be nice to be done once again. And really, it's not the best thing if they aren't getting enough, which is the case with me and my milk supply. All I can say is, thank goodness for formula. Hooray for peace of mind, convenience, portability, and all that. I sincerely think that breastmilk v. formula is a personal choice and I don't think either one is wrong. One of my pet peeves is when people get all judgmental about who nurses and who doesn't. Nursing does not give a baby superimmunity for the rest of their lives no matter what anybody says. So yes, I've nursed my two babies, but they've also had formula. Maybe that's just a testament to my indecisiveness. Sorry...tangent.)
E is such a big helper with this. Actually, he's only given her a bottle once...with close supervision. But he sure looks proud of himself, doesn't he?
-She will only sleep on her tummy or her side.
Look at that sweet little face!
-She can scoot all around to get what she wants
-She's very close to crawling! She can scoot herself backward extremely well, but can't quite figure out the mechanics of going forward.
-She is completely fascinated with my jewelry. She doesn't grab and pull like Emerson used to do. She just lightly examines my earrings with big eyes and gentle hands. I think she's going to be a girly-girl.
-She is still the sweetest girl ever. So patient, so calm. I don't deserve her. :)






7 comments:
Good luck on the tubes! I have heard nothing but good about them! But I know how I would be stressed anyway.
She is a sweetheart! We just love her to pieces. I'm sure all will go well with the tubes, but I remember how I felt when I had to hand you over for a little procedure (under anesthesia) to have your tear duct opened. It is hard, but she will be in good hands.
She is so cute! I hear you on the tubes. Aiden had them and Audrey needs them too. I know that you probably already have an amazing Ped ENT in Columbus, but I have an outstanding one to recommend just in case!!!
My goodness she is so darn cute! Almost makes me want another one! Almost! :) Yes Melinda, it is too bad we don't live close! I know for sure Emerson and Josh would be close little buddies! The way you explain Emerson makes me always think of how Josh acts. Such fun boys! Oh, Emerson's bday is coming up too! How fun! Good luck with the upcoming surgery! She'll do great and hopefully no more ear infections!
P.S. I LOVE that pic of Emerson feeding Sam! It's so cute!
such a doll!! i love the sleeping pics...and she's so close to crawling! that's so crazy, she seems so little and petite to me! E is such a big helper w/ the bottle! Good luck on tuesday...i hope that works and you can say adios to the ear infections. PS...if Emerson wants to come play w/ my E while you're gone to the hospital she would probably love a friend to hang with! Let me know.
Sad. I can't imagine handing your baby over for surgery would ever be fun! On the other hand, yay for weaning! The fact that Sadie can give Ellie a bottle (and that Ellie can hold the bottle herself) is a definite perk of the whole experience. :)
I'm so sad about the tubes...but if it keeps those darn infections away then woohoo...after it's all done. She is so cute.
Post a Comment