Friday, February 25, 2011

7 Months

Miss Samantha May got to celebrate turning 7 months with a visit to the doctor for a nasty ear infection.  She is usually such a happy girl that the fussing and waking up in the night was definitely not normal.  Thank goodness for antibiotics...I'm hoping they kick in before we get on an airplane tomorrow to fly across the country for my Grandma Johnson's funeral.  I am envisioning a nightmare, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It was one of those visits when you feel like they think you're crazy for bringing your kid in because they're ridiculously happy at the office, but I was glad they actually found something wrong with her (not that I like her to be sick) but just so I knew what was going on with the poor little thing.
 Weight: 16 lbs.

I forgot to take a picture of her all dolled up during the day, so the one above is of her ragamuffin fluffy hair right after her bath.  But earlier we discovered she has enough hair to do a little sprout on top, and THEN we discovered she has enough to do two little piggies on top.  Better than Christmas for me. :)



You're so cute you make me want to throw up!  Oops...I mean you're so cute you make YOU want to throw up.  Gross.
Some new things about you:

-You have now tried all the vegetables and like them all, but especially sweet potatoes.
-You tolerate your rice cereal now that you know that there are other flavors out there.
-You are much more wiggly.
-You love to grab at things.
-You have figured out everyone's prized possessions and work very hard to get them (cell phone, trains).
-You are starting to throw tantrums when something is taken away from you.
-You sit up so well!
-You still spit up quite a bit.
-You still adore your older brother.
-You still adore your hands and feet.
-You adore your daddy
-You like mommy, and adoration comes around feeding time. :)
-You are allergic to penicillin (nice skin reaction with hives all over the place, didn't happen until about day 7 of Amoxicillin.)
-You are good at rolling to where you want to be.
-You are great at falling asleep in your crib and you do ok in Daddy's arms at church if you have to.

You are still a sweetie and we're so glad you're in our family!

4 comments:

mom/grandmaG said...

What a fun little girl she is! Can' believe she has enough hair for piggies! But this comes from a grandma most of whose grandkids dont have hair or eyebrows for quite awhile!
Aunt Karen

mom/grandmaG said...

Oh yeah, love the pic of the spit up. That is some good camera work, although it was probably accidental!

Grandma J said...

So adorable--even in the act of spitting up!

Kris said...

You know your post about how we all made judgements about parents before we were parents? I always used to swear I'd never let my kid have my cell phone. So germy, I'd think, and a terrible toy for kids. Children should learn that not everything is theirs to play with, right?

Then I had a child. And attempted to actually keep my phone away from her. Sigh. Learning moment.