Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cleveland

 Over the long weekend with MLK Day, we headed up north to Cleveland to visit our friends from Logan, Jared and Liesl and their cute little girls.  They were such gracious hosts to feed us and put us up for a night.

We had a great time with them reminiscing and playing games.  We headed to the science museum on MLK Day because it was free, and apparently everyone else had the same idea.  It was busy, but still fun. 


E had a good time playing with Bailey and only pushed her out of the way a few times.  (Sorry Bailey!)  Sammi and Kelsey had a good time together with their spastic movements and big smiles.  But of course I was lame and only took these three pictures the whole time.
Monday night we had a quick tour of Cleveland on the way to B Spot Burgers, owned by Michael Symon.  He is one of my favorites from the Food Network, so it was almost a spiritual experience to actually be eating something that he created.  I like to think that he was in the back cooking my burger personally.  I kept watching for him to walk in the door, admire my children, and sit down and have a nice chat.  But alas, my dreams did not come true.  And what would I have said?  "Hi, I'm a Mormon housewife, and I am really good at making funeral potatoes and Crock-Pot concoctions.  But I am the head of our ward cooking club!  Maybe we could swap recipes sometime."
There were some pretty crazy things on the menu like the Vanilla Bean Apple Pie Bacon shake (which was pretty good) and some crazy burgers.  Pretty sure mine was the best.  I had the Philly Witt, which was a philly cheese steak on a hamburger patty.  It was divine.

Thanks again for hosting us guys!  We had a great time and can't wait for you to make another temple trip to Columbus so we can see you.

1 comment:

The Curtis' said...

I love the picture of them under the table, it's much better than ours! Emerson looks like he's pushing away the paparazzi while Bailey's just ignoring them all together.