Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pet Store

Before Daddy disappeared for 5 weeks to study for Boards, we had one last day o' fun after he finished his last test as a Med 2. We cooked breakfast, went to Sam's Club for samples (woo hoo! and bought eclairs for Mother's Day) played trains, went to the pet store, and got pizza for dinner, all with little or no talk of studying. Those were the days...or rather THAT was the DAY.

E excitedly spotted Nemo at the pet store and couldn't get enough of him. I was almost tempted to get him a cheap little goldfish, but then I remembered at least two of my friends complaining about having to take care of the stupid thing and how expensive it turns out to be, so I restrained myself. We get to see them on our weekly trip to the grocery store anyway. Every time we're getting yogurt at Meijer, E starts yelling "FISHIES!!!" at the top of his lungs and we have to go over and say hi. It leaves him a very happy boy.
I heart this picture because it shows him cowering away from the puppy. Just like Mommy. :) In fact, Mommy didn't even go in the little cubicle and took pictures from outside. I'm not a dog person. Really not a pet person at all. Got that from my mom too! I'm going to start uttering the phrase "You can get a dog over my dead body" when Ben tries to convince me we need one. Did I mention I'm not a dog person?
Ben had the best time of all of us at the pet store, I think. E petted this little white fluffy puppy because it was so mellow but then quickly became much more interested in the scab on Daddy's forearm and wouldn't stop poking it.
It was fun to see you that day, Daddy! Hope we can do something again soon. You know, after Boards and all that fun stuff. If anyone wants to socialize, E and I are available. :)

4 comments:

Natalie Johnson said...

How fun! And let's see... I'm available to socialize on or around June 24. Does that work for you?

Joni said...

I so hear you. I bet that Rocky sees Ben more than you do. :(

mom/grandmaG said...

Well I guess it is a fair trade, your mom got all the real talents and I got the dog lover gene! C'mon Nin, you need a dog, the chewing up of everything, the special little "prizes" hidden in various spots, the barking, the trying to get your food, the dog breath and dog hair, but they are so cute and snuggly and love you unconditionally!!! HA HA!

Annie said...

If it makes you feel any better Boards were my LEAST favorite part of med school. So when it's over you can probably think, "the worst is over." But then I almost forgot about third year...