Friday, July 11, 2008

Emerson being patriotic with his little flag

Emerson at the parade

Aunt Ashley and Emerson

Scott, Cousin Brett, and Melinda acting tough

Ben and Melinda at fireworks

I love the Fourth of July. I also love the third of July cuz it's my birthday. Hooray! I'm finally 22! You know the fireworks and parade? They used to be for me--that is, until I was 6 years old and we were lighting fireworks at 9:00 p.m. and my mom went into labor with Brad. He just HAD to come and steal it all away. (Just kidding Brad, I love ya and I would never send you back.) I still occasionally get a parade and fireworks on my birthday when the 4th is on a Sunday...so it's all good. I consistently got fireworks on my birthday when we lived in Logan because they always do the fireworks at Romney Stadium on the 3rd.
During the parade, it turned out that Brad was arguably our biggest asset as far as candy goes. One, because he went early with Daddy-o to save us places, and two because all the teenage girls throwing candy have crushes on him.
Another great thing that happened during the parade was Emerson discovered his feet! It was hilarious to watch him stare at his feet, rotate his ankles, and smile.
After the parade, Brad opened his presents and later we went to a barbeque at the Healys' house. Then we headed over to the McMullins' for another barbeque, and then went back to Murray to watch the fireworks on the rugby field with everyone. It was weird to talk with Scott and Ashley and realize that next year, we'll all most likely not be spending the 4th in Utah. But we really enjoyed spending the 4th with our families for the last time in awhile.

1 comment:

The Gray's said...

Happy belated birthday Melinda! Only 22 huh...dang I'm old! Emerson is so dang cute! He's getting really big, how much he weigh now? I get to find out how much Josh weighs in a few weeks...can't wait! Anyway, I'm glad to see that you are all enjoying your summer. Did you hear that Matt and Tatiana are expecting a baby in December? They are moving to Toole(sp?). All of our lives are changing so much! Bye!