Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ben standing atop the gigantic snow hill in front of the condo

Ben enjoying his seafood cheeseball. (Melinda did not partake because it makes her a little queasy...but it was that way even before pregnancy messed with her.)

Melinda being pregnant in her little jammies

Melinda keeping a safe distance from the wild turkeys we found

Just some of the many deer that Ben was excited to find

For this Presidents' Day weekend, we decided to take a little trip to my family's condo in Midway. It's just rustic enough that you feel like you're in the mountains...or really close to them. We had a great time just lounging around and going for drives to find wildlife. We spotted a gaggle (?) (gaggle is just fun to say anyway...) of wild turkeys, many mini-herds of deersies (Ben's phrase), and a bald eagle! We were pretty lucky. It seems like ever since I met Ben I've seen more wild animals around than ever before. I thought for awhile that maybe they're just less shy, but have come to the conclusion that I am simply blind. (I really am when I don't have my contacts in or my glasses on.) This inability to spot things, even when they're explicitly pointed out to me by other people, has plagued me since birth. Don't ask me why. I really don't know. It's not all bad though because when I was little my parents got suspicious as to why I could never see anything, so they had my eyes checked and lo and behold I needed glasses. Unfortunately my spotting ability did not get any better. So we've come full circle. Anyway... we had a good time this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like LOTS of fun!! It's always nice to get away for the weekend isn't it!!

Rachel said...

looks like an exciting weekend!!! you are looking way cute. so excited for you... and thanks for the congrats to me too.