We're the worst bloggers ever. Gosh, ever since I started my new block of student teaching, I've had pretty much zero time. I'm there before school, and at least one and a half hours after school every day...not even doing stuff to prepare my OWN lessons! I know it doesn't sound that rough, but it's frustrating when the other teachers treat you like crap, you're not allowed to use anything at school, and then you finally get home after stupid professional development, and you still have your own lessons to plan and submit to your teacher before she trusts you to educate the young, distracted minds of first graders! I loved fourth grade so much more. Although I guess I might miss snapping first graders' pants for them and tying their shoes...lol...Only 4 1/2 more weeks until I'm done being a lowly student teacher!
In other news, Ben has been accepted to Eastern Virginia Medical School. We're not sure if we'll be going there for sure, but it's nice to know he's been accepted somewhere. So we'll see how everything else goes.
We get to find out whether Lima is a boy or a girl in 6 days! (translation: Lima= our baby. We call it that because on the first ultrasound it looked like a little Lima bean. The nickname has really caught on! Our unborn child is affectionately known by family and friends as simply Lima.) I just hope that Lima doesn't decide to be overly modest during the ultrasound. This is the one time in Lima's life that we'll allow him or her to be immodest...just so we know if it's a male or female bean.
3 comments:
Nice guys! I'm excited for you...school, the baby, etc... Congrats to Ben for the med school acceptance. I'm happy that it's at least in my same state, but come on, it's still 200 miles from DC. If you could really step it up and go for Georgetown or George Mason, that would be just around the corner. ;) Oh well, good luck with all of that!
I know exactly what you mean with student teaching. I felt the same way. I hope you get to find out what your baby is! Are you and Ben hoping for a boy or a girl? Davis and I both want a boy. :) Good luck!
I'm sorry 1st grade is being so rough for you, and glad that at least 4th grade was a good experience. I'm sure you're an excellent teacher now and you will be in the future when you are in charge of your own class! As for Lima's gender, I'm voting boy but we'll just have to wait and see. :)
Post a Comment